Thursday, November 6, 2008

Hello!

So I've started my new blog: Lulu Island Girl. Lulu Island's in reference to the island of my birthplace. It sounds exotic, but it's not, for Lulu Island's the biggest island in the Fraser River delta where the city of Richmond, British Columbia is situated.

I decided to call my blog Lulu Island Girl as I was born and raised along the shore of the island in Steveston (a fishing village in Richmond). I spent my childhood, teenager years, and early 20's at the mouth of the Fraser River and it's a place that continues to inspire me. These days I call downtown Vancouver home, but after spending 28 years exploring every corner of the Lower Mainland (aka: Greater Vancouver, aka: Metro Vancouver), I wanted to create a blog where I could share my thoughts, observations, and experiences.

5 comments:

Powell River Books said...

Hi Robyn - Welcome to blogging and thanks for signing up to follow my blog about float cabin living. I'll be following your posts to see what life is like along the Fraser River. - Margy

Robyn said...

Hi Margy,

Thank you! Although I'm technically living north of the river these days, I do make my regular visits back to my old haunts in Steveston where I hope to make it a more common appearance in this blog.

I'm really interested to follow along with your blog, as you're living the lifestyle I only dream about. :)

ms. modiste said...

I love the name!

Anonymous said...

Oops, the KS comment was from me :)

Robyn said...

Why thank you Ms. KS, and welcome to my new blog! :)